Photograph above courtesy of the Science Photo Gallery.
1. In the famous Antony Barrington-Brown photographs of Watson and Crick with their original DNA model (above), Francis Crick is pointing with what item?
2. In Watson and Crick's 1953 letter to Nature, who drew the diagram of the double helix?
3. Which pub did Watson and Crick rush into on 28 February 1953 to announce their DNA structure?
4. With whom did Watson and Crick collect their Nobel Prize in 1962?
5. Why did Jim Watson miss the live wireless coverage of HM Queen Elizabeth II's coronation in 1953?
6. What was Antony Barrington-Brown paid for his photos of Watson and Crick taken in May 1953?
7. Why did Watson's mother try to prevent him from going to Cambridge in 1951?
8. What was the proposed title for James Watson's personal memoir that was eventually published as 'The Double Helix'?
9. Which of the following people has the most published biographies?
10. Where was DNA discovered?
11. Who typed out Watson and Crick's 1953 letter to Nature in which they suggested a structure for DNA?
12. What is special about 19-20 Portugal Place, Cambridge ('The Golden Helix', the Cricks' former home)?
13. What was notable about Rosalind Franklin's Uncle Hugh?
14. What organism did the DNA samples used by Rosalind Franklin come from?
15. Linus Pauling proposed an incorrect triple helical structure for DNA in 1953. Whose data did he largely base this structure on?
16. Why did Linus Pauling not attend a Royal Society meeting on DNA in 1952?
17. Which of the following is NOT a genuine nickname used by their colleagues?
18. How was the structure of the double helix first announced to the scientific community in 1953?
19. What did Rosalind Franklin ask for for her 29th birthday in 1949?
20. Which of the following people is NOT left-handed?
Read the answers here